- To manage and develop sustainable forest resources as well as optimize its contribution to socio-economic development of the country.
To be recognized as a leading agency in the management of sustainable tropical forest.
- In line with the principles of sustainable forest management which is geared towards the national vision and mission work, Kedah State Forestry Department has set the following objectives:
- To manage sustainable forest resources for sustainable crop production and forest service as well as optimum and its use in accordance with the requirements of the environment.
- To increase the supply of crop production and forest service through appropriate forestry activities that will improve quality, productivity and use of forest resources.
- To continue to develop appropriate robust technology with environmental requirements for the preservation, management and use of forest resources. ?
- To preserve and protect the biodiversity of forests, water, soil and the use of sustainable.
- To improve the quality and efficiency of processing factories as well as forest products-based add downstream activities with high value added.
- Strengthening human resource development to support the forestry sector.
- To increase public awareness regarding the role of the forest environment and preservation through learning and information dissemination.
- To enhance the contribution of the forestry sector to the State income, foreign exchange and employment opportunities.